[Libva] using libva video compression on system with no monitor

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Thu Aug 16 01:55:53 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 10:25 +0200, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/8/16 Xiang, Haihao <haihao.xiang at intel.com>:
>
> >> I see a comment in /va/drm/va_drm_auth.c
> >>
> >>  /* Default: root + master privs are needed for the following call */
> >
> > Master is enough.
>
> Master requires "root" privileges.

It works for me with just my user name.

xhh at xhh-snb32:~/graphics/ex/vaapi/libva/test/vainfo$ ./vainfo
error: can't connect to X server!    <------ Without X server
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
libva info: VA-API version 0.34.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /opt/X11R7/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_34
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
lt-vainfo: VA-API version: 0.34 (libva 1.2.0.pre1)
lt-vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver - 1.0.16.pre1
lt-vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Baseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Baseline           : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD