[Libva] Bitrate limit for hardware decoding by intel hd graphics?

Arie Peterson ariep at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 13 12:16:51 PDT 2012

> 2012/7/13 Arie Peterson <ariep at xs4all.nl>:
> > (This is not even the worst one, I think: the 50-fps clips recorded by my
> > camcorder are played back even more slowly. I don't have one of those at
> > hand right now, though. Will post later.)

These are the characteristics of the clips recorded by the Panasonic
camcorder:

Format profile: High at L4.2
Format settings, CABAC: Yes
Format settings, ReFrames: 2 frames
Format settings, GOP: M=3, N=24
Bit rate: 23.8 Mbps
Maximum bit rate: 25.0 Mbps
Width: 1 920 pixels
Height: 1 080 pixels
Frame rate: 50.000 fps

So, it uses only two reference frames, but it has twice as many fps, and the
bitrate is accordingly higher.

This is, apparently, quite beyond the capabilities of the decoder: the
playback is smooth, but about half the actual speed.

Regards,

Arie