[Libva] Crash/Exception/MemoryCorruption when decoding with libva

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Tue Feb 19 18:56:02 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 16:52 +0100, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
> > Could you try other player such as mplayer vaapi ?
>
> I tried all diffrent kinds of player/decoders. gstreamer, mplayer, vlc,
> xbmc.
> They all work fine for mpeg2 decoding, but show random crashes when
> decoding h264. Sometimes they successfully decode a few frames, but then
> crash or assert. I'v even seen some glibc memory corruption errors and
> gpu hangs, and a couple dozen diffrent crashes.
>
> Everything except h264 decoding via vaapi still works fine on that
> machine, even heavy OpenGL workload and a two day memtest86+ gave no errors.

Could you try the following ways to see if they work for you ?

a) Shutdown the machine for a while (10s+) then start it up again.

b) Reinstall all related software packages, make sure only one copy of
libva+Intel driver in your machine.

If not, could you file a bug to track your issue in the bugzilla ?

Thanks
Haihao