[Libva] Crash/Exception/MemoryCorruption when decoding with libva

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Tue Feb 19 19:04:04 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 08:52 -0700, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
> > Could you try other player such as mplayer vaapi ?
>
> I tried all diffrent kinds of player/decoders. gstreamer, mplayer, vlc,
> xbmc.
> They all work fine for mpeg2 decoding, but show random crashes when
> decoding h264. Sometimes they successfully decode a few frames, but then
> crash or assert. I'v even seen some glibc memory corruption errors and
> gpu hangs, and a couple dozen diffrent crashes.

Are you testing the h264 video clips on Sandybridge or Ivybridge? Does
the issue happen on every h264 clips or some specific clips?

Will you please describe the issue more clearly for the H264 decoding?
     For example: the dump info and dmesg info when triggering the glibc
memory corruption erros and so on.

Thanks.
    Yakui