[Libva] Quality of the scaled H264 decoded image

Xiang, Haihao haihao.xiang at intel.com
Tue Feb 19 19:24:56 PST 2013

> I am using Intel_driver from the staging branch, on a Gen 3 HD4000. So
> there other algorithms like bi-cubic is not supported?

You can select another scaling method other than the default method via
the flag to vaPutSurface() or the filter_flag in
VAProcPipelineParameterBuffer.

/* Scaling flags for vaPutSurface() */
#define VA_FILTER_SCALING_DEFAULT       0x00000000
#define VA_FILTER_SCALING_FAST          0x00000100
#define VA_FILTER_SCALING_HQ            0x00000200
#define VA_FILTER_SCALING_NL_ANAMORPHIC 0x00000300
#define VA_FILTER_SCALING_MASK          0x00000f00

In VAProcPipelineParameterBuffer:

    * - Scaling: \c VA_FILTER_SCALING_DEFAULT, \c VA_FILTER_SCALING_FAST,
     *   \c VA_FILTER_SCALING_HQ, \c VA_FILTER_SCALING_NL_ANAMORPHIC.
     */
    unsigned int        filter_flags;

For Inter driver, Currently only VA_FILTER_SCALING_NL_ANAMORPHIC and
VA_FILTER_SCALING_DEFAULT/VA_FILTER_SCALING_FAST  are supported.  We
will add the support for VA_FILTER_SCALING_HQ.

Thanks
Haihao