[Libva] Crash/Exception/MemoryCorruption when decoding with libva

Timo Rothenpieler timo at rothenpieler.org
Wed Feb 20 07:44:03 PST 2013

Ivy Bridge, i3-3220, HD2500.
I'v rebooted the machine several times and tried a couple diffrent
live-distributions and software-versions. It affects every h264 video i
tried, but only h264.

There's nothing more clear, sometimes it crashes in a totaly unrelated
part of the programs, sometimes in BeginPicture, sometimes in EndPicture
or some other libva function.

I have already ordered a replacement-CPU cause a hardware defect is the
only idea left.