[Libva] Quality of the scaled H264 decoded image

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:17:09 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM, ykzhao <yakui.zhao at intel.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 06:30 -0700, Ratin wrote:
> > awesome, would like to see the result from HQ scaling sometime in the
> > future. I am just using putSurface, don't want to go thru Proc
> > pipeline if I don't have to. Is the performance penalty identical in
> > both ways? Is there a way I can measure how much GPU processing  (%
> > and such) is being utilized?
>
> They are implemented in different ways and it is difficult to check the
> performance penalty. The putsurface is based on the 3D model while the
> proc pipeline is based on GPGPU model. (Intel_gpu_top may help to show
> the GPU utility, which can be downloaded from the
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/).
>
> Will you please check whether it can meet with your requirement if you
> can use the proc VPP to do the upscaling conversion and then call the
> vaPutsurface to display it?
>
> Thanks.
>     Yakui

Hi Yakui, Thanks for your reply. I just started looking into this , the
total number of filters available for me seems to be only two, not sure if
thats normal or not. I am using HD4000 My lspci output shows the following:

d02788e046eb:/usr/local/bin# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM
Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor
Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series
Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family
PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family
PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM76 Express Chipset LPC Controller
(rev 04)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 4-port
SATA Controller [IDE mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus
Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 2-port
SATA Controller [IDE mode] (rev 04)
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B
PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 07)
02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 2200 (rev
c4)

I will use more query code to know what are those two filters and will post
the results here..

Thanks

Ratin

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Xiang, Haihao