[Libva] Quality of the scaled H264 decoded image

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Thu Feb 21 17:26:26 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 06:30 -0700, Ratin wrote:
> awesome, would like to see the result from HQ scaling sometime in the
> future. I am just using putSurface, don't want to go thru Proc
> pipeline if I don't have to. Is the performance penalty identical in
> both ways? Is there a way I can measure how much GPU processing  (%
> and such) is being utilized?

They are implemented in different ways and it is difficult to check the
performance penalty. The putsurface is based on the 3D model while the
proc pipeline is based on GPGPU model. (Intel_gpu_top may help to show
the GPU utility, which can be downloaded from the
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/).

Will you please check whether it can meet with your requirement if you
can use the proc VPP to do the upscaling conversion and then call the
vaPutsurface to display it?

Thanks.
    Yakui