[Libva] Intel® Media SDK 2014 for Servers

Torbjorn tyridal torbjorn at tyridal.no
Mon Aug 18 00:50:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm also quite curious about this. The Media SDK for servers seems to
ship with a closed implementation of vaapi.   libva's main contributors
seems to be Intel employed. Is there any relationship between the two
(other than providing the same api, and presumably sharing some code)

Is it the same people working on both (libva is the free, "lite" version?)

Is Intel backing libva, or is it just the spear time project of some
Intel employees?