[Libva] VP8 accelerated on N2807 ?

Sean V Kelley sean.v.kelley at intel.com
Mon Dec 15 13:28:32 PST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM, Michel Memeteau - EKIMIA <
contact at ekimia.fr> wrote:

> Hi sean,
>
> I just saw that skylake/broadwell have VP8 decoding support, great !
>
> But what about baytrail?

Updated kernel patches are in review for baytrail.  We also have new user
mode driver.  Once I get the kernel patches accepted, we will have a viable
upstream implementation.

> And then  haswell, ivybridge etc... will never get VP8 support ?

There does not exist hardware support in those older platforms for VP8.
Instead you can make use of libvpx.

Thanks,

Sean