[Libva] Subject=Re: Does vaapidecode or vaapipostproc support sending raw YUV data to sink elements in a gst pipeline?

Glenn Racette GRacette at righthandtech.com
Thu Mar 13 10:04:22 PDT 2014

Thanks for your reply.

We  are using gstreamer v1.2.0 which does not appear to provide the vaapidownload element any more.  We noticed that the latest git version of vaapi/gstreamer-vaapi still mentions the vaapiupload/download elements in the readme and that the source files are still present, but they do not seem to be part of the build. We have gstreamer-0.10 installed as well, but the gstreamer-vaapi is a much older version (0.3.6).  We tried your suggested pipeline and it resulted in a SIGSEGV.

Our current options seem to be to try to build gstreamer-vaapi with vaapiupload/download included against gstreamer-1.0 and resolved any issues that arise, or to revert to gstreamer-0.10 and update the gstreamer-vaapi to the latest available.  Our preference would be to stick with gstreamer-1.0.  From reading several posts on this list and in bug reports it seems like the vaapipostproc element would be the place where the colorspace conversion would be supported, but maybe it is not quite ready yet.

Can someone advise if this seems like a reasonable path?  Has it already been done?

Glenn

grace at 4ksrv:~$ gst-discoverer-1.0 --gst-version
GStreamer Core Library version 1.2.0

grace at 4ksrv:~$ gst-inspect-1.0 | grep vaapi
vaapi:  vaapidecode: VA-API decoder
vaapi:  vaapipostproc: VA-API video postprocessing
vaapi:  vaapisink: VA-API sink
vaapi:  vaapiencode_h264: VA-API H.264 encoder
vaapi:  vaapiencode_mpeg2: VA-API MPEG-2 encoder

grace at 4ksrv:~$ gst-discoverer-0.10 --gst-version
GStreamer Core Library version 0.10.36

grace at 4ksrv:~$ gst-inspect-0.10 | grep vaapi
vaapi:  vaapisink: VA-API sink