[Libva] Fwd: RE: libva-vdpau-driver - kernel: traps: vainfo[20535] trap divide error

James Feeney james at nurealm.net
Fri Jun 3 17:08:02 UTC 2016

Hey Victor

On 06/02/2016 11:09 AM, Víctor M. Jáquez L. wrote:
> I would say that, according to you card (Radeon HD 4000), you should use
> libva-xvba-driver, not vpdau.
>
> Sadly, both and libva-vdpau-driver[1] libva-xvba-driver[2] are not maintained
> anymore. You are on your own for now.

Thanks for the note.  I wasn't sure what to expect with this driver.

Actually, the libva-xvba-driver claims to be only for use with the proprietary
catalyst-libgl, where I am wanting to use the open radeon driver.  It might
still work fine, but I did not look into it.

As I understand, from the Arch wiki Hardware video acceleration page, the
libva-vdpau-driver only creates a VA-API front-end on top of libvdpau and
mesa-vdpau, and fortunately, the VDPAU interface seem to work fine by itself
with the HD 4000.  So the VA-API interface would have just been "icing on the
cake" and is not essential here.  I won't worry about it then.

James