[LightDM] lightdm at lists.freedesktop.org

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 08:25:20 PDT 2011

For the previously-mentioned use cases, creating different sessions for
different languages is just impractical. Public computers are good examples
for single user account + different languages which cannot be configured
once.
Checking if a language is chosen and set $LANG is very easy and it does no
harm to lightdm. To disable this, just pass NULL for the language and $LANG
will not be touched.
To disable this in the UI, a gtk_widget_hide is enough. So I see no reason
to force its removal.

Sometimes having more buttons on UI != more complicated and harder to use.
Removing a useful feature from the UI does not make an application easier to
use. I consider this a usability regression rather than improvement.