[LightDM] Is it time to re-factor yet :^)

j. apple muncy j.apple.muncy at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:20:13 PDT 2011

Or how to avoid the whirlwind.

Greetings everyone.

I observe the coding of lighdm is well under way and I'm thinking the
pressure to meet the releases of 11.11 is probably going to build without
bounds.

Is there time now to consider the inclusion of some of the more offbeat use
cases?
1: Headless(no monitor, keyboard, or monitor)
2: True headless(no video card) but Xvfb.
3: No X but only XDMCP.
4: No Dbus.
5: No X until after login.
I'm thinking they could actually help point out some ways to modularise and
simplify.
People are going to come out of the woodwork asking for these cases to work
and at minimal overhead.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lightdm

is empty and I took me some time to find:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LightDM/Design