[LightDM] How to setup guest account

Robert Ancell robert.ancell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:26:39 PDT 2014

Hi Dominik,

For guest accounts to work you need to create a binary "guest-account"
which LightDM will run to create / destroy guest accounts. Due to the
distribution specific nature of this utility we don't include one by
default. The default Debian package does not provide one.

I recommend you take the one we use in Ubuntu [1] and use that. That's all
that should be required.

In short, LightDM calls "guest-account add" to create a new guest account.
The username is returned in stdout. LightDM calls "guest-account remove
<name>" to remove the account.

Thanks,
--Robert

[1]