[LightDM] .dmrc and default session

john.oloughlin at surrey.ac.uk john.oloughlin at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 02:45:20 PST 2014

All,

In our environment we have precise workstations where the default session  to gnome-classic. For trusty, where gnome-classic is no longer available, we are moving to xfce, via xubuntu. A user who has previously logged into precise will have a .dmrc with session set to gnome-classic. When they log onto a trusty machine they are given a session not found error.

We were hoping that if the session set in .dmrc is not available, then lightdm would start the default session.

Any help on getting lightdm to work in this way would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

John