[LightDM] Moving mailing list from freedesktop.org infrastructure

Lupe Christoph lupe+lightdm at posteo.de
Tue Feb 19 11:07:27 UTC 2019

Am 2/18/19 um 5:03 PM schrieb Robert Ancell:

> The easiest option I think is to move to using a Discourse forum, and
> the Ubuntu one [2] is an easy candidate for that. I would probably
> prefer a more neutral place as LightDM is not Ubuntu specific, but this
> is probably overthinking it.

> My experiences have shown that a modern forum works much better than a
> traditional mailing list while supporting those who want to interact
> with it via email. The content is more searchable for those with similar
> issues to find.

> What do people think?

I'm forced to use fora in some groups I'm a member of, but only because
they don't have a mailing list. If both exist, I ignore the forum.

And please, when you select a forum hoster, check that they support an
RSS or Atom feed. That integrates much better into my routine that the
need to check a forum every $TIMEPERIOD.

Thank you for all the work you have put into LightDM!
Lupe Chhristoph