[LightDM] Moving mailing list from freedesktop.org infrastructure

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Wed Feb 20 02:09:09 UTC 2019

> I have no interest or use for any
> sort of web interface and if the LightDM mailing list moves to a pure web
> interface, I am gone.  Oh, and I have no interest in an RSS feed, since I
> won't ever be using the web interface anyway.

You might not, but there are other people who might.  You say you would
be "gone" if a web interface was the only option - but how many people
are already "gone" because e-mail is the only option now and it does
not work for them?  If it's possible to offer e-mail, web and RSS then
it is easier for more people to contribute, which is always a good
thing.

We shouldn't exclude others because they have different needs to us, we
should try to be as flexible as possible, even if it means providing
things we don't need to use ourselves.

Cheers,
Adam.