[Mesa-dev] GLSL compiler bug with vmware workstation 6.5

Adam K Kirchhoff akirchhoff135014 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 21 03:02:27 PDT 2010

I recently tried the r300g driver with vmware to see if it would be
possible to get 3D acceleration going in a guest OS without using
fglrx.  Unfortunately, vmware-vmx hangs with:

libGL: OpenDriver: trying
/home/adamk/saved/source/mesa/lib64/gallium//r300_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
vmware-vmx: shader/slang/slang_compile.c:665: parse_layout_qualifiers:
Assertion `0 && "Bad layout qualifier"' failed.

I brought it up on #radeon and was told that it's a GLSL compiler bug,
and I should mention it here.

I'll go ahead and open up a bug report if that's the best course of
action, but I wanted to post it here first.  If there's anyway to get
extra debugging information or if there's anything someone would like
tested, just let me know.

Adam