[Mesa-dev] r300g + mesa/st support for EXT_texture_swizzle

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:18:55 PDT 2010

Why do we need any caps for this? Unless I read the spec wrong, this is a
mere SWZ following the affected texture lookup, in the worst case.

Posting from a mobile, pardon my terseness. ~ C.

On Apr 27, 2010 9:29 AM, "José Fonseca" <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 08:59 -0700, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> On 27.04.2010 17:32, Roland Scheidegg...
I think it is worthwhile to keep the format swizzle orthogonal to the
sampler view swizzles. It is actually more complex trying to describe
swizzles in terms of the packed vector, since they not always have
unambiguous meaning (bitmasks, subsampled formats, compressed textures).

Jose