[Mesa-dev] Merging GLES1/2 to mesa/main

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Tue Apr 27 19:03:54 PDT 2010

2010/4/27 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net>:
[ I hit send to early there... ]
> review the patches, or at least just some of them.  The overall
> approach is

 1. Add a API tag to GLcontext so we key off of that.
 2. Use API-aware constructor where we create GLES1/2 contexts
(currently only ES1/2 state trackers)
 3. Move ES functionality from src/mesa/es into src/mesa/main in a
number of steps (this is the bulk of the series).  To make this work
we have to change some of the tables and generated code so it can all
co-exists in the same .so file.
 4. Update the DRI interface to allow creating API specific contexts
 5. Use the new DRI interface in EGL/DRI2
 6. Build libGLES1/2 from the glapi files

I'm hoping to merge the branch this week, but if somebody wants to
spend a little longer looking over the patches, let me know and I can
wait.

Kristian