[Mesa-dev] so the development model is working?

Bridgman, John John.Bridgman at amd.com
Fri Apr 30 11:57:13 PDT 2010

Quick question;

Dave's comments implied that there is a policy against fixing bugs in master then cherry picking 'em to stable; your comments implied master-first plus cherry pick is OK but you feel that fixing in stable and merging back to master is a *better* way of working.

Is it fair to say that if a developer is working in master and notices a potential bug fix then it's OK to fix in master and cherry-pick that fix to one or more stable branches afterwards, but if the "primary task" is fixing a bug (particularly a big discovered in stable) then fixing first in the stable branch is preferred ?

re: the overall development model, my main question would be whether continuing work on a release branch after the initial release is really still required now that we have quarterly major releases for all the major components.

JB