[Mesa-dev] gallium & texture rectangles

Keith Whitwell keithw at vmware.com
Wed Aug 18 10:44:37 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 10:27 -0700, Luca Barbieri wrote:
> I pushed a first version on the gallium-rect-textures branch (not
> tested beyond compilation).
>
> As a consequence of the decisions made in this thread, the interface
> is exactly identical to OpenGL, and internal drawing code works
> exactly as an OpenGL application not requiring
> ARB_texture_non_power_of_two would do it (no opinion implied on
> whether this is good or not).

Luca,

Thanks for your patience on this.  I know you've put a lot of effort
into getting this into shape.

Even if it isn't your first choice of interface, I think this looks like
a reasonable way forward and I hope addresses the underlying concern
adequately.

Couple of minor comments:
- You've documented FLEXIBLE_SAMPLING in the main part of the docs, I
think I'd prefer to keep forward-looking/todo items separate from the
documentation of the interface as it currently stands.  Can these
paragraphs go in a new section?

- actually that's all.

It looks good to me, thanks again Luca.

Keith