[Mesa-dev] gallium & texture rectangles

Luca Barbieri luca at luca-barbieri.com
Wed Aug 18 11:03:25 PDT 2010

> Couple of minor comments:
> - You've documented FLEXIBLE_SAMPLING in the main part of the docs, I
> think I'd prefer to keep forward-looking/todo items separate from the
> documentation of the interface as it currently stands.  Can these
> paragraphs go in a new section?

The reason is that currently several drivers already implicitly support this.

I think the most sensible route would be to just say that drivers can
in practice not have (some of?) those restrictions and that OpenCL
will probably require drivers to have none of them, since adding the
restrictions to the drivers just to remove them later seems silly.