[Mesa-dev] 7.8.3 release

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Tue Aug 24 07:53:04 PDT 2010

Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> writes:
> On 08/23/2010 10:12 AM, tom fogal wrote:
> > Anyway the point of this mail is that I'd like to push whomever
> > does these things (Ian?) to create a 7.8.3 release.
>
> Tom, I'll merge your branch and do some testing here.
>
> I'd be happy to make the 7.8.3 release at any time.

Thanks!

I still have a few tests to do myself.  I'm sure I'll find the time
for it over the next week; if you want to do an RC, I'd say go for it
whenever you'd like, otherwise please give me a bit :)

> One thing: was the issue with libGL + libOSMesa linking relevant to
> the 7.8 branch?  I don't remember.

It was, but it was relevant to all branches. The solution I came to was
that mangling would solve the immediate problem, but VTK's mangling
setup is broken so we couldn't be 100% sure on that.  Anyway I'm pretty
convinced that my project still has some issues there, but nothing new,
so I'm alright backburnering it for now.  Kevin has a workaround for
his issue, AFAIK.

-tom