[Mesa-dev] Floating-point formats from GL_ARB_texture_rg implemented

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:12:18 PST 2010

Hi,

in case anyone is interested, I have implemented the floating-point formats
from GL_ARB_texture_rg, namely R16F, RG16F, R32F, RG32F, for both core Mesa
and st/mesa. The commits are here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa/commit/?h=floating2&id=a68e9890451140f493d09f1dd2dd8dfc77ed29de
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~mareko/mesa/commit/?h=floating2&id=7216311b553bcc9331492d4d03a25d36348567d5

FWIW there is also experimental support of floating-point rendering for
r300g in that 'floating2' branch, and trivial support of
GL_ATI_texture_float. It's based on Luca's 'floating' branch.

BTW, is there any progress on the floating-point patent matter? We should
probably also take into account non-US Linux distributions like some
variants of Mint, because they don't have to care about software patents and
they already freely distribute patented stuff like some multimedia codecs. I
think they would use whatever Mesa has to offer, patented or not.

Best regards,
Marek