[Mesa-dev] Mesa demos

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Fri Jul 9 14:41:10 PDT 2010

>>On 07/07/2010 03:00 PM, Jerome Glisse wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So after being of the grid i am resuming my epic on mesa demos.
>> I set version to 8.0 so it's easy for distro, and as fresh start for
>> demos on it's own. If no one object i will do the release by the end
>> of the week (this time i shouldn't find myself in a no connectivity
>> situation).
>>

> Not that I care too much but I thought that when it was discussed a
> while back on the list the consesus was to keep the Mesa3D numbering
> scheme. 8.0 doesn't make much sense to me, i.e. having demos for
> mesa-7.8 in mesa-demos-8.0 is pretty silly.

Well as i said before mesa demos won't change as fast as mesa (at least
i hope so :)) thus i don't think we will be doing release of mesa demos
just for doing release while nothing change, we could very well endup
with mesa-demos-7.8.3 while mesa will be at 9.0.0 (i know it's unlikely
i am sure we will have need shiny GL 5.0 demos by them to add ;)) thus
i don't think picking 8.0.0 is more silly than picking 7.8.3 and i think
8.0.0 major bump reflect the fact that demo is now a project on its own
with a different buildsystem (automake/autoconf).

I am going to send release annoucement soon, sorry i reply latte but i
am having heavy trouble with my email system).

Cheers,
Jerome