[Mesa-dev] Mesa demos

Zack Rusin zackr at vmware.com
Fri Jul 9 15:58:27 PDT 2010

On Friday 09 July 2010 17:41:10 Jerome Glisse wrote:
> >>On 07/07/2010 03:00 PM, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> So after being of the grid i am resuming my epic on mesa demos.
> >> I set version to 8.0 so it's easy for distro, and as fresh start for
> >> demos on it's own. If no one object i will do the release by the end
> >> of the week (this time i shouldn't find myself in a no connectivity
> >> situation).
> >
> > Not that I care too much but I thought that when it was discussed a
> > while back on the list the consesus was to keep the Mesa3D numbering
> > scheme. 8.0 doesn't make much sense to me, i.e. having demos for
> > mesa-7.8 in mesa-demos-8.0 is pretty silly.
>
> Well as i said before mesa demos won't change as fast as mesa (at least
> i hope so :)) thus i don't think we will be doing release of mesa demos
> just for doing release while nothing change, we could very well endup
> with mesa-demos-7.8.3 while mesa will be at 9.0.0

hah, you know we don't actually have to make release date match or keep
incrementing every release just by the minor number, right? It'd be ok to make
mesa demos releases only when they change and just make the major numbers
match whatever current Mesa3D release we're going to have. But again, I don't
really care, I don't think 8.0 makes much sense, but I'm not the one who will
be making releasing of this bad boy so you should do whatever feels right to
you.