[Mesa-dev] r600g plans

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Fri Jul 23 17:12:49 PDT 2010

On 07/23/2010 07:22 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Jerome Glisse<glisse at freedesktop.org>  wrote:
>> Just heads up on r600g plan, i removed the compiler stuff it was getting
>> messy
>> and kind of stopped anyone else from working on other part of r600g. So now
>> there
>> is a very simple&  dumb tgsi ->  r600 assembler that does work and can run
>> glxgears
>> and couple others non textured demos. I want to freeze r600_asm* stuff as i
>> plan
>> to reuse at latter point with a proper optimizer (thought there is a couple
>> of
>> thing missing in it like splitting alu node when reaching the 256dwords
>> limit).
>> So now if you want to add opcode the only file you need to touch is
>> r600_shader.c.
>> Also i would like to avoid any kind of work on optimizing what it spit.
>>

> Would it make sense to reuse the r600c compiler?  It's not perfect,
> but it's much further along.
>
> Alex

I didn't want to go throught the pain of MesaIR -> TGSI or TGSI-> MesaIR.
But if some one want to go through such things why not, only thing i want
to keep is r600_asm* stuff.

I have a start of a cleaner compiler that depend on those and i would like
to share this layer as it gives me 2 means to test it.

Cheers,
Jerome