[Mesa-dev] r600g plans

Corbin Simpson mostawesomedude at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 17:14:13 PDT 2010

Sounds very much like what nv50 needs/does. I sense opportunity. :3

Posting from a mobile, pardon my terseness. ~ C.

On Jul 23, 2010 5:09 PM, "Jerome Glisse" <glisse at freedesktop.org> wrote:

On 07/23/2010 07:11 PM, Corbin Simpson wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Jerome Glisse<gli...
When i first looked at optimization i looked at r300 compiler, but
thing is i want to try a different approach that would be very hard
to apply to r300-r500 hw. Basic idea is to do all optimization as
scalar, and repack the instruction after. The repacking is more or
less easy on r6xx and after but it's really tricky on r3xx-r5xx.

Cheers,
Jerome