[Mesa-dev] TGSI thoughts

Jakob Bornecrantz wallbraker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:21:22 PDT 2010

I wrote some patches to the documentation that extracted some
information from this thread I'm hoping I got nothing wrong. Number
two and  four are the controversial patches.

The first patch just reorders and organizes the Core ISA subsections
and adds paragraphs, this made it at least for me made it easier to
read. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up here.

The second patch just says that the DDX and DDY opcodes are not in the
Core ISA but instead is guarded by SM3 and GLSL cap bits.

Number three just makes the scalar result opcodes a bit easier to read.

Fourth adds some information about the ARL/ARA/ARR opcodes that I
extracted from the the ARB_vertex_program extensions. The opcodes only
read and write on the X channel and that they are the only
instructions that can touch a address register.

Comments please.

Cheers Jakob.