[Mesa-dev] [Mesa3d-dev] Separate demos repository

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Fri Jun 4 05:02:04 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Keith Whitwell <keithw at vmware.com> wrote:
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
> checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for DEMO... configure: error: Package requirements (gl) were
> not met:
>
> No package 'gl' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DEMO_CFLAGS
> and DEMO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.

configure tries to locate the nvidia gl library using pkg-config, but
nvidias library doesn't provide a .pc file (as far as I know, I don't
have it here).  I updated the configure script to fallback and try to
look for GL.h and libGL.so manually when pkg-config fails.  If it's
not in the default location, I think you should be able to run
configure as

  $ ./configure GL_CFLAGS=-I/opt/nvidia/include
GL_LIBS="-L/opt/nvidia/libs -lGL"

and get it to pick up the libraries from there.

Kristian