[Mesa-dev] [Mesa3d-dev] Separate demos repository

Keith Whitwell keithw at vmware.com
Fri Jun 4 05:09:51 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 05:02 -0700, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Keith Whitwell <keithw at vmware.com> wrote:
> > checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
> > checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
> > checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
> > checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> > checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> > checking for DEMO... configure: error: Package requirements (gl) were
> > not met:
> >
> > No package 'gl' found
> >
> > Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> > installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> >
> > Alternatively, you may set the environment variables DEMO_CFLAGS
> > and DEMO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> > See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> configure tries to locate the nvidia gl library using pkg-config, but
> nvidias library doesn't provide a .pc file (as far as I know, I don't
> have it here).  I updated the configure script to fallback and try to
> look for GL.h and libGL.so manually when pkg-config fails.  If it's
> not in the default location, I think you should be able to run
> configure as
>
>   $ ./configure GL_CFLAGS=-I/opt/nvidia/include
> GL_LIBS="-L/opt/nvidia/libs -lGL"
>
> and get it to pick up the libraries from there.
>
> Kristian

Kristian, thanks for looking at the problem.

It looks like this is the right track -- I get a bit further & hit a
related problem with GLU.

It seems that the includes & libs from this install landed in the normal
GL locations, ie /usr/include/GL and /usr/lib respectively.  It seems
reasonable to expect that an autogen should be able to find them in
those locations.

Keith

checking for GLU... configure: error: Package requirements (glu) were
not met:

Package gl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gl.pc'
Package 'gl', required by 'glu', not found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GLU_CFLAGS
and GLU_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.