[Mesa-dev] Mesa demos release & version number

Jerome Glisse glisse at freedesktop.org
Mon Jun 21 05:09:35 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 06:00:10PM +0200, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some distribution (like Fedora) are thinking about making
> new package for mesa demos but so far there is no release
> for it.
>
> Another issue is the versioning of mesa demos, i expect
> that mesa demos will be more stable than mesa thus i don't
> think we should follow mesa versioning but let it have
> it's own versioning (should we start with version 1.0 ?)
>
> If we can agree on versioning i can try to see if my kung-fu
> is good enough to do a release of mesa demo :)
>
> Cheers,
> Jerome

So as the mesa demos is a hot topic ;) unless i see any objection
i will release mesa demos 1.0 at the end of this week. This will
lead to some packaging work but i think it's best to start with
a new versioning as i don't think we should follow mesa release
given that there will likely be no change btw versions.

I will add some compiling flags so one can select which demoset
he wants.

So you have a couple of days to oppose the release versioning.

Cheers,
Jerome