[Mesa-dev] r600g merged

Bas Nieuwenhuizen bas at basnieuwenhuizen.nl
Thu May 27 23:14:25 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 23:32 +0200, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> I merged r600g, it's no where from being usefull but people wanted to
> have it on master. I changed a little bit the backend generation for
> the shader (i am still not happy the way the backend is but it's better
> that what was before).
>
> To support instruction (like lit or other instruction which doesn't match
> natively the hw) tweak r600_shader_alu_translate in r600_compiler_r600.c
> Right now there is issue with trans operation & litteral. It leads to
> bogus shader. In order to avoid suffering GPU reset over and over i
> disabled rendering. I am using radeondb and fp shader sample to debug the
> shader compiler :
>
> radeondb -c gallium.bof
> radeondb -s gallium.json
>
> This will print the r600 assembly with some human readability (assuming
> i am still classified as human).
>
> To get gears working RSQ,MAX,SLT,DP3 need to be fixed (i get gears
> working by cheating on those opcode).
>
> I haven't applied the depth buffer patch as it segfault for me and
> haven't time to debug this before next week.
>
> Happy hacking everyone.
>
> Cheers,
> Jerome Glisse

I have fixed a bug with my depthbuffer patch that could cause a
segfault: It assumed that there was always a depthbuffer available,
resulting in a segfault if there wasn't.

Here is my new depthbuffer patch:
http://www.basnieuwenhuizen.nl/r600g-added-code-for-depthtesting-v3.patch

- Bas Nieuwenhuizen