[Mesa-dev] Getting Hw Acceleration without X-Window

Chia-I Wu olvaffe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 00:54:56 PDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Clurado cl <clurado1980 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can wayland be ported for use of gles1 ?! i saw compositor-drm.c , but for
> me , its a little hard to know whats kristian does  . it does compositing
> and idont need that. can u explain more !?
It does not composite.  You can try to look for, say,

  - which function creates an OpenGL ES context?
  - which function creates two EGLImages for each output as back
    buffer and front buffer?
  - which function performs buffer swapping?

The rest of it is for kernel modesetting and input handling.
> it uses dri2 , but from here : http://www.mesa3d.org/egl.html . DRI2 have x
> surface unlinke dri1 it doesnt have framebuffer surface .
>
> so how it used in wayland ?!
The doc is outdated.  I will update it.
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Clurado cl <clurado1980 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all , its interesting topic ,
>> >
>> > Q: simply i want to know is there any way to get Hw Accl 3d with DRI and
>> > draw it on the screen without x ( also glx ) ?!
>> >
>> > my first approach is wayland but my device doesnt support pixel and
>> > vector
>> > shaders , so i cant use gles2 ( wayland requires )
>> >
>> > second is egl/dri ( one ) but this egl driver was deprecated from mesa .
>> >
>> > third is miniglx , its dead ( is it functional ?! )
>> >
>> > there are some other approches but non of them can power the intel
>> > hardwares
>> > .
>> >
>> > so i want to disscuss with u about the topic .
>> >
>> > Q: can we use egl and egl_dri2 ?!
>> Yes.  Take a look at compositor-drm.c in Wayland.
>>
>> Basically, you need to use EGL_MESA_drm_image to create two EGLImages.
>> At any given time, one of them attached to an FBO for (GLES1)
>> rendering and the other is used by the hardware for scanning out.

>> --
>> olv at LunarG.com

olv at LunarG.com