[Mesa-dev] XvMC gets iDCT support (at least on R600)

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Wed Nov 24 16:10:34 PST 2010

Christian König wrote:

>> http://www.w6rz.net/ramp.zip

> The end result looks really good now, at least how far I can tell.

It's much better than it was and the levels are roughly correct.

On close inspection it is not consistent, the main static pattern being
different pixels in the corners of 8x8 all over but there are many more
slight variations/patterns.

There are also temporal artifacts which repeatedly build and then clear.

I am observing full screen on a 1920x1080 monitor so 1:1, and didn't
notice the static patterns at first. They are a lot easier to see after
taking an xwd -root and then using display from ImageMagick and middle
mouse button to magnify.