[Mesa-dev] Status of VDPAU and XvMC state-trackers (was Re: Build error on current xvmc-r600 pip

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Wed Apr 27 08:13:14 PDT 2011

Hi Bryan,

Am Mittwoch, den 27.04.2011, 09:31 -0500 schrieb Bryan Cain:
> Yes, I got MC working on nv50 but couldn't get the iDCT to work
> properly.  I still need to send in the patches for what I did
> accomplish.  Should I send them to the mesa-dev mailing list and just
> label them as being for the pipe-video branch?
Looks like I missed your last mail, mhm I would guess that depends on
the patches you made. Did you change the driver, state tracker or
auxiliary stuff? Just rebase them to the current branch and then send
them to me and cc the list so if there are changes to the driver the
other nvidia developer can also get a look on them.

Regarding the not working idct on nvidia hardware I would guess that we
use something that the driver currently doesn't supports, like multiple
render targets, disabled opengl rasterisation rules, unsupported
intermediate buffer format or something else.

Try again with the latest branch, since I have added some checks for
unsupported stuff that will now report an error, which was silently
failing before.

Regards,
Christian.