[Mesa-dev] Removing GLw from the main Mesa repository

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Fri Aug 5 17:16:02 PDT 2011

On 08/05/2011 11:05 AM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Benjamin Franzke
> <benjaminfranzke at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> There is nothing compiled since GLW_SOURCES is not substituted by configure:
>> Makefile.am:29
>>  libGLw_la_SOURCES = $(GLW_SOURCES)
>>
>> This would need AC_SUBST([GLW_SOURCES]) in configure.ac,
>> but thats not allowed for _SOURCES variables, see automake output:
>>
>> configure.ac:96: `GLW_SOURCES' includes configure substitution `@GLW_SOURCES@'
>> configure.ac:96: and is referred to from `libGLw_la_SOURCES';
>> configure.ac:96: configure substitutions are not allowed in _SOURCES variables

D'oh!  Thanks for finding that, Ben.  As you can see, I haven't actually
tried to use libGLw. :)

> With automake, we can do this a lot cleaner with an AM_CONDITIONAL.
> Shortened version:
>
> configure.ac:
> AM_CONDITIONAL([ENABLE_MOTIF], [test "$enable_motif" = yes])
>
> Makefile.am:
> libGLw_la_SOURCES = GLwDrawA.c
> libGLw_la_CFLAGS = $(GLW_CFLAGS)
> libGLw_la_LIBADD = $(GLW_LIBS)
> if ENABLE_MOTIF
> libGLw_la_SOURCES += GLwMDrawA.c
> libGLw_la_CFLAGS += $(MOTIF_CFLAGS)
> libGLw_la_LIBADD += $(MOTIF_LIBS)
> endif
>
> Dan

Thanks Dan!  That's -much- nicer.  I knew there had to be a way to do
this cleanly!

I've pushed a rebased branch to ~kwg/glw with these fixes, as well as
some glw.pc fixes and configure.ac cleanups.

I'm not really sure what we want to do about tarballs.  We probably
ought to make a release at some point...and then never touch it again.