[Mesa-dev] is_tex bit for TGSI sampling instructions

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:48:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Zack Rusin <zackr at vmware.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:14:48 PM Bryan Cain wrote:
>> Like Dave said, the GLSL->TGSI translator needs to account for this.
>
> Probably not, at least yet. All of those instructions are DX10.1 level
> instructions which support splitting of samplers and the underlaying resource,
> we don't support that yet.

Ah I'm just having a bit of a realisation thanks Zack,

So I really didn't want RESINFO, I wanted to work on TXQ which is the
texture size query using the old methods.

So what we want in the future is some sort of CAP_DX10SAMPLE and then
switch glsl_to_tgsi to use a resource based method
as opposed to the texture one we have now.

Dave.