[Mesa-dev] VDPAU scaling rather than cropping 1088 -> 1080

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Thu Aug 25 01:57:08 PDT 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 17.08.2011, 12:52 +0100 schrieb Andy Furniss:
> Maybe this is already known/just not complete yet, but as I've
> previously written that r600 -vo vdpau without decode looked OK I ought
> to mention it as I've just noticed.
It is just incomplete, width/height is made a multiple of 16 to make
some calculations with macroblock addresses easier, but somewhere in the
vdpau displaying process these values are then used as source addresses
for blitting the stuff around.

> 1080 height mpeg2 or h264 "internally" is 1088, the bottom 8 lines
> should be cropped off, which is what -vo x11/gl/xv/xvmc do.
>
> vdpau is not doing this, but is scaling 1088 to 1080.
Ah crap, I also noticed this problem before, but now I realised that
this is the reason why comparing the XvMC and vdpau output frame by
frame still gets different results for some videos.

Thanks for the info,
Christian.