[Mesa-dev] g3dvl odds & ends

Zack Rusin zackr at vmware.com
Sat Aug 27 09:51:22 PDT 2011

On Friday, August 26, 2011 09:47:33 PM Younes Manton wrote:
> So, we can be practical, just use <> and save a bit of compile time;
> or we can stick to the current scheme (which has us abiding by our
> favourite compiler's intended yet meaningless and often ignored use of
> "" while we simultaneously pervert it's intended use of -I and
> needlessly search the current dir for many includes)... for which
> tangible benefits?

For readablity.
Compiles would also be faster if we switched from 3-space indention to no
indention at all.
The rule: system headers in <>, local header in "", which is adopted by
basically every other project on the planet is a good one. It clearly
separates the headers which are local from the system ones, which is
especially useful for headers with generic names.
Ultimately though, like the 3 space indention, it's the style of the project
you're contributing, please just follow it.