[Mesa-dev] xvmc decoding redux, testers wanted

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 17:11:04 PDT 2011

Hi all,

With the interface changes to xvmc I'm finally happy with the xvmc decoder,
so if you have a nv40-nv96 or a nva0 spare, could you test
http://repo.or.cz/w/mesa/nouveau-pmpeg.git and report the results?

To get it working correctly you need to preload libXvMCnouveau.so,
usually programs that use XvMC use a wrapper, which makes it slightly easier:

echo /path/to/libXvMCnouveau.so | sudo tee /etc/X11/XvMCConfig

Otherwise you will probably need to add libXvMCnouveau.so to LD_PRELOAD

The acceleration only works for xvmc, a simple way to use it with mpeg1/mpeg2
files is this:

mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc myvideo.mpg

I want to merge this code with mesa, but first I need to know it works correctly.

Cheers,
Maarten