[Mesa-dev] Missing integer "set" opcodes in Gallium

Zack Rusin zackr at vmware.com
Mon Aug 29 13:02:08 PDT 2011

On Monday, August 29, 2011 03:49:03 PM Bryan Cain wrote:
> I somehow didn't notice this until now, but why are there no Gallium
> "set" opcodes for integers that are equivalent to the SGT or SLE opcodes
> for floats?  Does it have to do with available hardware features?

It's largely because D3D10 only implements those. It'd be interesting to find
out whether d3d10 implements only those because of hardware support or whether
they just wanted to cut down on the number of instructions (which is also
reasonable).
Either way though if GL needs those ops then, like Brian mentioned, it'd be a
good idea to add them.