[Mesa-dev] About MESA drm image extension

zhigang gong zhigang.gong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 04:31:17 PST 2011

Hi Kristian,

I'm integrating glamor with intel's video driver now. The basic idea
is to allocate a BO
 by calling libdrm directly in intel uxa code path, then latter create
an EGL image from
that BO's handle. And then bind the image to a texture then glamor can
use it as usual.

Now the problem is that per the spec, EGL_MESA_drm_image extension only support
one format,   EGL_DRM_BUFFER_FORMAT_ARGB32_MESA which has a 32bit depth.

But a normal pixmap may has 8 or 16 bit depth color format, thus we can't get a
correct format image.

Would you like to extent the MESA drm image extension to support more formats?
If so, then I can contribute on that including implement it in mesa.
Or do you have any
suggestion for my issues. Thanks.