[Mesa-dev] glXMakeCurrent crashes (was: Re: How to obtain OpenGL implementation/driver information?)

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:46:09 PST 2011

On 4 February 2011 23:21, Benoit Jacob <bjacob at mozilla.com> wrote:
>> glXDestroyContext(...)
>>
>> in your code. If that crashes, there's a bug in the implementation, so
>> report it and let's get it fixed!
>
> This is for Web browsers. This would be considered a security flaw.

Considering the difficulty of making basic HTML/CSS/Javascript work in
a secure way, it's seems to me that it's a terrible idea to expose
something as complex as a GL driver to random people on the internet.
I'm pretty sure none of the drivers out there were developed for that
threat model.

More on-topic, in my experience blacklists/whitelists often end up
being things that "seemed like a good idea at the time".