[Mesa-dev] About OpenGL QB stereo support..

rtfss none rtfss1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:47:23 PST 2011

Hi,

first sorry if not is the correct place to post it but I was thinking
that with open source Sandy Bridge and AMD 68xx cards support that
ship with Displayport 1.2 (AMD only) and HDMI1.4(both) connectors
supporting
3d stereo output if could mesa developers expose support for it.. i.e.
mesa ogl driver expose support for OGL QB stereo.. of course that
perhaps should require changes to drm stack or both amd and intel open
source drivers to setup
correct stereo frame packing output in this outputs.. that could add
an advantage of open source drivers to propietary drivers which only
expose ogl stereo support for professional cards.. and even then i
think there is no currently support for ogl qb stereo support via hdmi
1.4 nor in Nvidia and AMD worlds.. also this could be a good effort to
port all stereo madness to linux now that seem even MVC hardware
decoding is supported on both Sandy Bridge and AMD 68xx cards.. that
could be exposed via VAAPI for SandyBrige (I'm posting on libva dev
list) or new OpenDecode AMD API which already exposes that support
(currently Windows world only but some OCL developers have asked AMD
to support also Linux)..

thanks.