[Mesa-dev] WebGL test suite, and whitelisting drivers / OpenGL implementations in Firefox

Benoit Jacob bjacob at mozilla.com
Mon Jan 17 20:27:05 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:29:45 -0500
> Benoit Jacob <bjacob at mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> > OpenGL-based features are disabled by default in Firefox 4 on X11
> > because of OpenGL bugs we've hit [2], and currently only the NVIDIA
> > proprietary driver is whitelisted [3].
>
> I notice all these are filed at mozilla.com, which most of the DRI
> driver developers don't generally look at afaik.

Most of these indeed are Mozilla bugs, that just is where our users file bugs.

> If you run into crashes with the open source drivers (i.e. backtrace
> points to Mesa, or the machine hard hangs), please file a bug at
> bugs.freedesktop.org against the appropriate component and we'll take
> look.

_I_ didn't file these bugs, and I did forward what I could to freedesktop.

> Thanks for the note though, it's better to get info this way than find
> out through slashdot->osnews->mozilla->mozilla bz. :)

Unfortunately, exactly that has happened. Thankfully, Corbin has been very quick to get in touch on Mozilla's IRC, and with this present email thread, things seem to be moving in a very productive direction :)

Cheers,
Benoit