[Mesa-dev] WebGL test suite, and whitelisting drivers / OpenGL implementations in Firefox

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Mon Jan 17 17:20:02 PST 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:29:45 -0500
Benoit Jacob <bjacob at mozilla.com> wrote:

> OpenGL-based features are disabled by default in Firefox 4 on X11
> because of OpenGL bugs we've hit [2], and currently only the NVIDIA
> proprietary driver is whitelisted [3].

I notice all these are filed at mozilla.com, which most of the DRI
driver developers don't generally look at afaik.

If you run into crashes with the open source drivers (i.e. backtrace
points to Mesa, or the machine hard hangs), please file a bug at
bugs.freedesktop.org against the appropriate component and we'll take a
look.

Thanks for the note though, it's better to get info this way than find
out through slashdot->osnews->mozilla->mozilla bz. :)