[Mesa-dev] Building internal glsl_compiler with builtin_function.o instead of builtin-stubs.o?

Dan McCabe zen3d.linux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 18:13:35 PDT 2011

Is there a good reason not to build the internal glsl_compiler (in
mesa/src/glsl) and link it with builtin_function.o? It is currently
being built with builtin_stubs.o.

I can understand why builtin_compiler uses builtin_stubs.o instead of
builtin_function.o (to avoid conflicts while building
builtin_functions.cpp, which is why builtin_compiler exists in the first
place). But we build BOTH builtin-compiler and glsl_compiler, and having
the latter build with actual builtin functions instead of nothing makes
it useful to debug the code generated by the builtin functions (as well
as other tests that rely on the builtin functions).

TIA

cheers, danm